Nadia`s client, a well established group of companies requires a Tax Accountant/Tax Consultant with 3 - 5 years of public accounting experience and minimum 2 years in tax advisory.
Reports to: Group Tax Manager
Internal Relation: Business Finance leadership, Tax lead
External Relation: External Tax Advisors, Tax and Regulatory Authorities, Statutory Auditors/External Auditors.
To lead and provide support on company tax matters in all legal entities and countries where the group is operating or has business presence, including corporate tax, indirect tax, transfer pricing, international tax activities as well as tax policies and procedures.
1. Coordinate tax preparations and filings across the company entities with country finance leads
2. Coordinate tax audits across the company with country entities finance leads and local external accounting firms or external tax advisors or assist in-house tax team
3. Complete tax reporting and disclosures for financial statements
4. Lead VAT and other indirect tax filings for various countries
5. Perform tax research and identify opportunities to minimize the effective tax rate
6. Liaise with taxation authorities for tax related matters with adequate supervision and discussion with Group Tax Manager
7. Liaise with external auditors on any tax related matters in consultation with Tax lead
8. Country specific direct tax and indirect tax expertise in at-least one jurisdiction with tax sound exposure of 1-2 others. Knowledge of any one of the GCC tax laws and International tax regulations. Understanding of Transfer Pricing Guidelines. Awareness of regulatory landscape in the GCC will be an advantage
9. Keep abreast of taxation related legislation released in various jurisdictions in which the company operations and conduct active discussions with Group Tax Manager. Proactively share learning with country finance team about tax and regulatory updates
10. Apart from the duties and responsibilities listed above, any other additional duties as advised by the management from time to time not limited to tax and regulatory function.
Educational Qualification(s): Professional qualification such as CTA, CPA, ACCA, ACA, LLM (Tax) or similar (preferred).
Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting or Tax, LLB with specialization in Tax.
Experience: 3 - 5 years of public accounting experience and minimum 2 years in tax advisory; OR
In case of professional qualification, degree in Law, 1-2 Years’ experience in any Big four Accounting firms or their affiliate in Tax Function – Advisory, Compliance, Litigation