A fine dining restaurant based in Abu Dhabi is looking for a General Manager - F & B who has extensive knowledge and experience in Arabic, European and International cuisines. General Manager is not only responsible for achieving maximum sales and optimum profit, but also for mentoring and creating a cohesive team of high-performing management and staff. Successful candidate must have the ability to maintain an open line of communication among staff. The incumbent is responsible for people development, P&L, and upholding the highest standard of quality, service, and cleanliness while supporting company’s key vision and directive.
• Develop strategic plan in support of the restaurant’s/ company’s vision and mission.
• Manage the F&B department, the branch and supervise the pre-opening, opening functions of the restaurant.
• Manage and operate the central kitchen of the restaurant groups.
• Control profit & loss, by following cash control/security procedures, maintaining inventory, managing staffs.
• Ensure complete and timely execution of customer requirements.
• Hire senior team members, and conduct performance appraisals of staffs.
• Perform regular inspection of the branches to check whether the restaurant policies and standards are maintained.
• Provide insights on F&B menu when necessary.
• Ideate innovative ways to run the F&B business.
• Ensure that the restaurant is in compliance with the preventative maintenance program with regards to facility, equipment, and grounds maintenance.
• Maintain fast, accurate service, positive guest relations, and ensure services are consistent with restaurant quality standards.
• Minimum 15 - experience.
• Experience in managing and operating central kitchen.
• A degree in business management.
• Certification in hotel/ hospitality management or any related F&B industry is an added value.
• Requires excellent written, verbal and group/ team communication skills.
• Knowledge of Arabic and European cuisines.
• Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.