NADIA’s client, a well-established group in UAE operating since 1990 is looking for a Facilities Operations Manager for their facility management division who are into both hard and soft services.
Purpose of Role:
To ensure that all the operational delivery aspects of the service contracts are delivered in an effective, efficient, and professional manner to the complete satisfaction of all direct and indirect clients.
• Manage and direct all the staff engaged in Operational Delivery.
• Ensuring success rates winning the contracts by producing competent estimates / proposals as required.
• Effective management capabilities to deliver the contract, cost effectively.
• Accountable for Contractual P &L, contractual KPIs and SLAs as stipulated.
• Ensuring that all subcontract staff used on operational delivery are approved and competent for the specific tasks in line with the corporate strategy and general guidelines.
• Ensuring all contracts and their relevant deliverables are on time and to budget.
• Establishing and controlling the organizational structure for operational departments.
• Ensuring accurate production and control of planned maintenance within the operational departments.
• Adherence to all current company procedures and the IMS system.
• Technical expertise, mentoring and troubleshooting assistance.
• Operational, administrative and financial control of all day-to-day operational activities.
• Establishment and implementation of policies and procedures for FM departments.
• Maintenance of sufficient stock levels to meet the contractual requirements.
• Developing of relationships with all clients and potential new customers.
• Ensuring continuous improvement and drive for value for money.
• Monitoring and reporting on overall progress of work programs against the plans and forecasts.
• The production of the Periodic Progress Reports as required by the management.
• The production of reports on the operational progress of all contracts for the individual clients.
• Monitoring of the operational effectiveness of the organization through the use of established performance measurement techniques, including KPI’s.
• Maintenance of records for all operational aspects including helpdesk , stores and maintenance activities.
• Guidance and mentoring of all direct reports.
• Maintain the Quality Management System applied to the contract.
• Maintain the Financial Management System applied to the contract.
• Produce estimates / proposals as required.
• Organize, coordinate with subcontractors, control and follow up with the charge hands the day-to-day operations and site jobs under instruction from the Facilities Manager.
• Implement the management instructions regarding operations for projects, services, and planned maintenance.
• The responsibility for follow up of task IDs and all staff performance from commencement to completion of all the jobs including monitoring and reporting on overall progress and completion.
• Provide technical support to the charge hands and technicians to execute the works effectively and correctly.
• Provide the details and justifications of resources such as materials, tools, equipment and manpower or OT required for the execution of works and projects and arrange to report any shortage in these resources.
• Ensure correct estimate of works to be executed for variable and third parties' jobs effectively.
• Coordinate with the charge hands and technicians to prepare the estimates and submit the required quotations
• To monitor closely the ability and tactfulness of technicians and charge hands.
• Visit and follow up the sites to ensure perfect supervision of both in house teams and subcontractor works and provide the instructions as per site requirements.
• Communicate effectively with the client about the satisfaction of the job.
• Arrange with 3rd party personnel and the facility users for satisfactory work programme.
Qualification and Experience:
• Relevant degree/ diploma or equivalent with necessary training certificates.
• 10 years relevant experience within the Facility Management in UAE.
• At least 3 years’ experience heading the delivery of complex high value contracts
• Demonstrable skills in dealing and working closely with external customers and suppliers on complex and interrelated issues on an ongoing basis.
• A reasonable level of computer literacy in the more common applications.