Our client, a leading data centre company is looking for a Technical Manager.
This position will be responsible for working with existing data center infrastructure, staff, contractors and consultants. Knowledge in data center design, implementation and operation is key. The position will also be responsible for working with various Engineering, Operations, Electrical and Mechanical Engineers, Contractors.
Under direction and instruction from the Director of Operations, manages and supervises facility operations / infrastructure and performs a variety of technical tasks relative to design, facility operations / infrastructure and development of new data centers, also provides technical assistance and support to the Director of Operations as and when required.
• Manage the Data Center staff
• Manage customer requirements – inquiries, deployment, expansion, tours, etc.
• Overall data center capacity management
• Project / Infrastructure Management – contracts, maintenance, etc.
• Design review of MEP systems such as, power distribution, UPS, Generators, cooling systems, ELV Systems, etc.
• Preparing BOQ, scope of work, and reviewing the RFQ and / or RFP
• Management of projects execution
• Managing the team of contractors on site
• Coordinating with Engineering Team and Consultants
• Plan, coordinate and review existing and future data center projects with data center stakeholders
• Under support from the Director of Operations, create and manage end-to-end project plans with stakeholders and ensure on time delivery
• Ensures all policies and procedures of the facility are enforced
• Plan, prioritize, assign, supervise, review, and participate in the work of data center staff
• Resolves concerns, incidents and issues of the customer, investigate and recommend corrective action as necessary to resolve complaints., ensuring that services continuity is provided in a professional and safe manner.
• responsible for planning, scheduling, and conducting customer meetings
• Review monthly reports as required
• Co-ordination with customer representative and operation team related to facility operational requirements
• Positive and quick response to customer’s emergencies or urgent issues as they arise
• Performs other work-related duties as assigned as part of business requirements
• Must be able to work flexible hours.
GENERAL SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Ability to read, writes, speaks and understands English fluently
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to meet or exceed the company’s attendance and punctuality standards
• Ability to evaluate objectively, fairly, and consistently
• Ability to understand and follow directions as given
• Self-driven, able to work independently with minimal supervision and must be inspirational and enjoy motivating others
• Independent and able to manage multiple projects
• Must be able to complete the assignments on time
• Analytical, problem solver, logical thinker with attention to detail. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or presentation form
• Ability to deal and resolve problems involving several entities, people or variables
• Ability to work in a high-pressure environment, meet deadlines and simultaneously develop, deploy and coordinate multiple projects
• Must be able to work in a team environment and demonstrate capability to interface and maintain effective relationships with all departments and employees in a team-oriented environment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor or Engineering Diploma in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering
• Holder of Uptime Institute certification or CDCMP. ATD is a preference
• Minimum 8-10 years of relevant experience in managing critical E&M systems is preferable
• Experienced in critical facilities / data center Mechanical & Electrical systems design