A reputed market leader within the sports and leisure infrastructure sector, who have experienced rapid growth over the last 10 years is looking to strengthen their senior management team with the recruitment of Specifications & Sales Manager/Business Development Manager.
Portfolio of products consists of indoor and outdoor sports flooring; playground safety flooring; equine flooring; commercial and decorative flooring; playground and team sports equipment; auditorium, stadium and sports hall seating; joinery work such as cubicles, lockers, pergolas, decking, street furniture and wooden flooring for commercial as well as sports use.
The incumbent will be responsible for getting companies products specified with consultants, landscape architects, contractors and end users and generating enquiries for new projects. The success of this role will be measured by the increase in volume of specifications and orders placed via the network involved. An understanding of the dynamics of the market and a proactive engagement to develop relationships with Architects, Interior Designers, Spec Writers, Developers, Construction Managers and General Contractors is key to achieving desired outcome of this role.
The role will include the following responsibilities:
• Generate specifications in the company’s portfolio of products and manage the specifications through the contractor and end user channels.
• Identify and visit regularly all Consultants involved with design and specifications on a national basis, profile each to identify key influencers, principals and specification writers with whom relationships must be established.
• Present the benefits of specifying company’s products.
• Build strong personal relationships with individuals in Key Accounts.
• Influence and build key connections at a senior level.
• Develop an individual specification strategy for each specifier.
• Work closely with internal support functions to translate the benefit of specifications to orders for the company. Review pipeline of specifications with each member.
About the individual:
• A degree in engineering/marketing.
• Experience in dealing with end users, architects, consultants, contractors etc.
• Good contacts in relevant government institutions, private and public sector real estate developers.
• Has experience of developed a targeted plan to focus on key segments - healthcare, education, hospitality, urban communities etc.
• Has managed the process from specification to installation.
• Has shown leadership in previous roles.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. Knowledge of Arabic will be an advantage.
• Must have prior U.A.E. work experience and possess a valid U.A.E. driving license.